Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Miss MJ's room

I started the design process on Miss MJ's room with my post yesterday. I left off with my inspiration photo of paper 3D butterflies and my client's favorite accents colors she wanted to implement in Miss MJ's room.

I choose the wall MJ's bed was positioned against as my starting point. I had a frame built, slightly larger than the headboard, out of molding and painted white to give the wall a focal point. Of course we had to add the pink "M" at the top, made in this post. I love that the headboard fits snug inside the molding and grounds the space.




Adding layers to MJ's bedding allowed us to bring in the accent colors she loves, and add a little pizazz to the grey duvet cover.

I went with a white and pink polka dot sheet set,
 
A floral quilted sham with a matching quilt for the end of the bed,  


 
darling yellow flower pillows and a accent green and white love pillow. All purchased at Marshalls & Home Goods.
 
 
 

Check out the before...
 
and after...
Can you believe it??  It looks like a completely different duvet cover with the addition of some layers.  YAY!!
 
Visit the blog tomorrow as we continue to finish MJ's room. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
COPYRIGHT 2014 WEST CREEK DESIGN

SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS