Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Welcome Fall Decor

When we bought our home this summer, I decided to decorate in a simple white, cream and navy color scheme with a flair of nautical accents. It was perfect, but as summer changed into fall, I needed to change some of the decor with it.

I love the fall weather, when the leaves change to the yellows, and reds. When you want a cozy blanket and a book to curl up with besides the fire. I wanted my home to reflect that cozy feel and accomplished it by trading out just a few accessories. Here are some pictures including some before and afters.




I switched out my beautiful white flowers for soft cotton stems and pheasant feathers both from Michael's craft store. I still adore my CC Creations glass and rustic wood vases.
 
For the console table, I added a gold foil print from TJ Maxx, and a couple of pumpkins. I really wanted this to be simple and clean.





On my built ins by the fireplace, I changed the flowers in the basket to faux fall florals that I already had on hand. I added a pumpkin sitting on some fall leaves and a darling ceramic squirrel from TJ Maxx.



I love the impact of symmetry on my kitchen table. I found some tall wheat bouquets in my fall totes and added some tall gourdes with a lantern sitting on a rustic fall wood slice.





For my end tables, I left the lamps but added two white bone boxes, a gold sphere and a rustic Pottery Barn vase filled with greenery.




The second end table has a similar Pottery Barn Vase filled with metallic sparkly acorns, sitting on old books with the covers removed. I added a stacked pumpkin to the inside of a orb and finished it off with some greenery. All items are sitting in a navy tray from TJ Maxx.




My front entry table features a wheat wreath, with a wooden monogram "D". Also on the table is a larger Pottery Barn urn filled with fall leaves purchased from Tai Pan, and a grapevine acorn. I love that this is what greets you when you first walk through the front door. 
Happy Fall Y'All!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
COPYRIGHT 2014 WEST CREEK DESIGN

SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS