Monday, April 28, 2014

DIY Pottery Barn's Harper Letters

Last week while shopping in Pottery Barn Kids for a client, I came across the cutest large wooden letters. Pottery Barn's Harper letters are darling and used in many pages of their newest spring catalog.









I immediately knew I wanted to use these letters in a few of my clients spaces. However, with the budget I was working with, the price of $59 per letter was a little bit of a stretch. I started searching for a cheaper alternative and found what I was looking for at Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby carries large wooden letters for a fraction of the cost. At $12.99 (or with a 40% off coupon which makes it $7.79). Although they are slightly smaller than Pottery Barn's Harper letters, they we're close enough in size for me to consider this quite a steal.

The letters come unfinished and need a little TLC with a sander and paint.

The possibilities are endless as far as using different paint colors, stencils or even using scrapbook paper for a fun pattern. I choose to use your basic craft paint, and then on one of the letters, I used a homemade stencil (made by using my Silhouette machine and card stock) to apply polka dots. The letters turned out fabulous and compliment the design in each space. Stay tuned....I can't wait to show off the final look of each of these finished rooms.








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
COPYRIGHT 2014 WEST CREEK DESIGN

SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS