Thursday, June 5, 2014

DIY Entry Console Table

I love the rustic designs of Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware furniture. What I don't love is the price. That is where I turn to Ana White, and Shanty 2 Chic. Their ability to recreate these pieces for a reasonable price is a amazing. The free plans they offer are very detailed in the building, the price, and tools you need.

A while back I decided to redo my entryway. I need a very specific sized console table, and loved the look of Shanty 2 Chic's farmhouse table and bench plans.  I decided to take the bench plans and customize it to make my console table.
The look I wanted with my console table, needed customized plans.  I wanted a table that only had two pedestals, instead of the triple pedestals like the bench, and it also obviously needed to be a little taller. Ana White plans list each of the individual wood cuts you need to make. In this case, looking at her plans, I found out the height of each leg and extended the wood cuts to the height I wanted. I also eliminated one of the legs, so I would only be building my console table with two. Other than changing those parts of the table, I followed the instructions to a T.


 
Next came the length of the console.  I shortened the middle beam cut, and then also the wood cuts that make the top of the table to the length I needed.

Finally, I finished the table with  "Old Master" gel stain in dark walnut ( I purchased this at Kwal Paints).



 


 
By simply changing these cuts I was able to take their darling triple pedestal bench and turn it into a amazing, rustic, chunky, Pottery Barn/ Restoration Hardware looking table. Be sure to check out both Shanty 2 Chic, and Ana White's site for fantastic DIY furniture plans.

1 comment:

  1. I love how this table turned out, and it is perfect for your space!

    ReplyDelete

 
COPYRIGHT 2014 WEST CREEK DESIGN

SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS